I generally don’t follow recipes and tend to use whatever is in the press or fridge. Today I wanted a light loaf without the usual nuts and beans that go into vegetarian meatless loaves. So, here’s today’s version …
- 500 grams of kale
- 1 shallot
- 1 carrot
- 4 large mushrooms
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Medium sized yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup of walnut oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 cups of jumbo oatflakes
- 1 tbsp of dried sage
- 1 tbsp of dried parsley
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 6 tbsp of water
- Clean the mushrooms and slice into a food processor with the carrot and shallot and blend, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Wash and destalk the kale and blend with walnut oil and lime juice, then add to the bowl and mix with the mushroom and shallot.
- Now blend the tomatoes, pepper, parsley and sage then transfer to the mixing bowl and combine all ingredients.
- Mix chia seeds and water in a glass and set to the side.
- Blend the jumbo oat flakes to break them up and add to the mix.
- Add the chia seed and water, this acts as a binder, and mix thoroughly.
- Use coconut butter to grease a loaf tin or dish and press the mix down into the dish. Sprinkle sesame seeds or similar on top if you like.
- Bake at 170° for 30 minutes or until top has crisped up.