Skip to content
Oat and raison molasses cookies
- 3 tblsp. coconut butter
- 3 tblsp. Blackstrap molasses
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ teasp of powdered ginger
- 2 cups of oat flakes
- 2 tblsp. of Chia seeds
- 4 tblsp. of water
- ½ cup of raisons
- In a food processor blitz the oat flakes so they resemble a flour and set aside. Then mix the the chia seeds and water in a cup and set aside.
- Melt the coconut butter on low heat in a deep saucepan. Add the molasses, lemon juice and ginger, and blend until smooth.
- Add the raisons and mix.
- Fold in the oat flakes.
- Then add the chia and water mix and combine to form a sticky wet dough.
- Spoon onto baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180°C / 350° F for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cover with a cloth if you want soft cookies or for hard chewy cookies let them cool in the open.