- 2 tablespoon of coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger root
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas, -if using tinned chickpeas, drain and rinse before adding.
- 1 tablespoon of Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of mixed spices: cumin, Fenugreek and cardamom
- 1 cup of coconut milk
(Use any vegetables you have, such as cauliflower, courgettes, green beans, potatoes, eggplant, parsnips, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot on medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and onions and sauté for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, peppers and spices and stir in the coconut milk.
- Cover and leave on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir well and add the spinach, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir well to mix in the spinach.
- Remove from heat and serve with brown rice, millet or quinoa.
- Serve with freshly-ground pepper or cayenne to add heat.