Serve your avocado flatbread with salads and dips, use as a wrap and stuff with your favourite fillings or enjoy it plain.
Makes about 10 flatbreads
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 cups of whole meal flour
- ½ cup of chopped coriander
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ lime
- 1 tsp of Unrefined sea salt
- 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- Mash the avocados in a large mixing bowl.
- Grate the garlic into the avocados.
- Squeeze the lime into the bowl.
- Add the chopped coriander and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add the flour and mix to form a dough.
- Form into a ball.
- Cover and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Then place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut in half.
- Roll each half out and cut into 5 pieces so that you have 10 equally sized pieces and form into individual balls.
- Use a rolling pin to roll balls into flatbreads. Sprinkle flour on your work surface and rolling pin as needed to prevent your dough from sticking and breaking.
- Warm a frying pan on medium heat. Cook your flatbreads one at a time. Each side will take about 2 – 3 minutes.
- When done put the flatbread on a plate and brush with a little cold pressed olive oil.
- Continue one flatbread at a time.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Avocado flatbread: a healthy alternative to commercial wraps.
Wraps are very convenient when it comes to lunches or putting together a healthy snack, however the long list of ingredients in most commercial wraps is off-putting. It’s good to have an alternative and it’s also great for when you find yourself with a surplus of ripe avocados.