- 1½ cups buckwheat: soaked for 2 – 4 hours and then well drained.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1½ cup water
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- (You can substitute nuts for seeds)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add water and melted coconut oil and mix to form a dough.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour the bread mix into your loaf tin and flatten with the back of a spoon so the loaf is even. Sprinkle the top with seeds if you like. Cover and leave to sit for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Place the loaf on the middle shelf of the oven. Allow to cook for 1 hour or until the top of loaf has become crisp.
- Remove from oven, flip the loaf upside down onto a wire rack and remove the baking paper. Return to the oven and bake for another hour or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
Allow to cool for at least an hour before slicing or it may just fall apart.
Store in the fridge, will keep for up to 1 week, delicious toasted.