These are a combination of chia, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds, mixed with water. Improvise, use linseeds or chopped nuts, season with herbs and spices such as rosemary, cumin and fennel seeds for a savoury cracker, or chopped dried fruit, cinnamon or allspice for a sweet cracker.
- ½ a cup of chia seeds
- ½ a cup of sesame seeds
- ½ a cup of pumpkin seeds
- ½ a cup sunflower seeds
- 1¼ cups of water
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all ingredients together and leave for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to absorb all of the water.
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil, place on baking tray and put in the oven for half a minute to melt. Remove and brush/spread the oil to coat the paper.
- Turn the mixture onto the baking tray and cover with another piece of baking paper and roll flat. Use a knife to score into 12 portions.
- Place in the oven for half an hour, then flip and bake for 20 more minutes or until crisp and golden. If you have a fan assisted oven you can turn off the oven after about 30 minutes and leave until crisp.
- Serve with avocado or hummus or other toppings or have on their own.