It is easy to make a fresh tomato salsa to enjoy as a dip, or serve alongside salads, steamed vegetables or other dishes.
While fresh ripe tomatoes will taste best you could use tinned tomatoes and add a teaspoon of maple syrup for sweetness.
Optional Additions: Cucumber, bell peppers, parsley, oregano, olive oil, black pepper.
It is also a good option for the lunch box. Experiment! Use whatever fresh ingredients you have, a lemon if you have no lime, mixed peppers, different spices and fresh herbs.
- 2 cups of chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 or 2 hot peppers, chopped (leave the seeds for more heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Unrefined sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blitz to desired consistency.
- OR If you like a chunky salsa, chop all ingredients finely and combine in a large bowl.
Related post: Chilli cucumber Salsa