Sweet potato and kidney bean pâté makes a handy option for filling lunch wraps, or take to work along with some crackers and a green salad.
- 2 sweet potatoes, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tin of kidney bean: rinse and drain
- 3 tbsp Spelt Flour
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs / or 1 tsp of ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Level tsp of sea or Himilayan salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mash the kidney beans and set aside.
- Sauté sweet potatoes, onions and garlic on medium heat until soft.
- Mix the vegetables with the mashed kidney beans.
- Add seasonings (adjust to your taste) and spelt flour and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and poppy seeds on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Pierce with a knife, it should come out clean. If not, cook a little longer.
- Let cool before removing from loaf tin.
VARIATIONS: Use carrots or other root vegetables in place of sweet potatoes, and likewise you can use other beans or lentils depending on what you have or prefer.