Sweet potatoes are nutritious and delicious. They are packed with beta-carotene, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Due to their B6, potassium and magnesium content they may help to calm an upset stomach. Sweet potatoes also help to cleanse the digestive tract by soaking up toxins.
- 350gms of sweet potato, chopped into medium-sized chunks
- 2 tbsp Whole Tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- A pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Steam the sweet potato until soft, about 8 – 10 minutes. Don’t throw out the steaming water.
- Blend the sweet potato, tahini, pinch of salt and lemon juice until smooth, add a little of the steaming water to thin it out to desired consistency
- Serve with grains, roasted and green vegetables or whatever you fancy.
VARIATIONS: Use nut cashew or hazelnut butter. In place of cinnamon add some powdered ginger, turmeric or other spices that you might prefer.
You can use carrots in place of sweet potato, or a combination of carrot and sweet potato.