These are rich and make a filling tasty snack when on the go or a healthy treat. They freeze well, or keep in the fridge for up to 6 days. Makes 12 balls.
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of chia seeds or milled flax seeds
- ¼ cup of almond or hazelnut butter
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup honey or blackstrap molasses
- Blend all ingredients and roll into balls.
- Optional: Roll in dried coconut flakes, sesame seeds, crumbled nuts, or coat with melted dark chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- 50% nuts
- 50% dried fruit
- Shredded rind of ¼ unwaxed lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Tahini to bind to a stiff consistency
- Blend all ingredients to a stiff paste.
- Form into balls and roll in ground walnuts, or coating of choice.